Whether its competition you seek or just an opportunity to explore, the Isle of Man offers tremendous variety in terrain, excellent off-road trails and beautiful scenery wherever you choose to go.
The Manx landscape can be challenging, but riders are rewarded with stunning views together with the knowledge that they've tested themselves on many of the same roads which moulded and inspired Manxman Mark Cavendish into becoming a Tour de France legend.
As well as providing an excellent base for your cycling holiday on the east coast of the Isle of Man, Groudle Glen Cottages also offers secure storage, cleaning facilites and a place to relax and unwind after a day in the saddle.
This site, provided by the Manx Government's Department of Tourism, contains lots of useful information about mountain bike trails you can follow: http://www.visitisleofman.com/thingstoseeanddo/active/cycling.xml
And if you are unable to bring your own bike with you, here's a place from which you can hire bikes for the whole family: http://www.cyclehire.im/
- Wear a suitable helmet
- Use a well maintained bike
- Ride in a manner appropriate to the trail
- Carry a mobile phone with you
- Please be aware that trails are used by others including walkers, horses, 4x4 vehicles
- Please give way to approaching horse riders or walkers, if approaching from the rear make your presence known. Always obey the highway code.
- Ride responsibly, sensibly and most of all enjoy your ride
- Motorsport >
- Sightseeing >
- Heritage & History >
- Active Pursuits >
- Transport >
- Kids Activities >
- Nightlife >
- Eating Out >
"Thank you so much for a wonderful stay at Groudle Cottages. The facilities were excellent and we found the cottage very clean, spacious and in a fantastic location. We look forward to returning."