Terms and Conditions
1. The hiring contract shall be between the hirer and Groudle Glen Limited and shall be deemed to be subject to these conditions of hire.
2. Upon receipt of your booking form and deposit Groudle Glen Limited will send you a confirmation of booking detailing the balance which is due six weeks before arrival.
3. The hirer undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and also undertakes to leave the premises in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Groudle Glen Limited shall be compensated for breakages and damage which occur during occupancy (fair wear and tear excepted).
4. Groudle cottages are normally available from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival. The hirer will be required to present ID when checking in and collecting keys. Guests are asked to vacate by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
5. Accommodation is only for the number of persons named on the booking form.
6. The cottage is offered on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of people (i.e. 4, 5 or 6) as indicated in the brochure/website shall use it. Groudle Cottages CANNOT is used as a "party" venue. Any attempt to host a party at a cottage or on land owned by Groudle Glen Limited will result in the booking being cancelled and you will have to leave the cottage immediately. No refund will be given.
7. Baggage, personal belongings and vehicles are at the owners risk at all times.
8. Smoking is not permitted in any Groudle cottage.
9. Sorry strictly no pets except in "Pet Cottage" 26 or 51.
10. Prices are fully inclusive of electric and gas, no food is included but a courtesy tray of beverage essentials is provided.
11. All bed linen, bath and kitchen towels are provided but please supply your own beach towels. A fresh supply of linen is provided weekly. Household cleaning materials are located in the kitchen and laundry facilities are available in the cottage including iron.
12. A booking deposit of £150.00 per week (or part week) is payable at the time of booking. The booking deposit cannot be refunded. In the event we are unable to accept your booking this deposit will be returned in full.
13. In the event of you cancelling your cottage booking forty two days or more before the arrival date the deposit fee is forfeited. If you cancel within 41 days of your arrival date you will be liable to pay the full balance due. Groudle Glen Limited reserve the right to cancel the booking in exceptional circumstances only e.g. fire, flood, death, illness, foot and mouth outbreak etc. Any liability on the part of the owners to client shall be limited to actual amount paid by client for cottage booking and shall in no case include any consequential loss or damage. For these reasons we strongly advise you take out holiday insurance.
14. A security deposit of £250 is payable with the final balance or on arrival to cover any losses, damages, breakages or additional cleaning charges should the property be left in an unsatisfactory condition. The hirer will be responsible for the full cost on demand of any damages, breakages or any exceptional cleaning and this liability is not limited to the amount of the security deposit paid. The security deposit will be refunded either totally or less any charges and the balance returned by cheque to your postal address the week after departure.
15. If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage this must be reported to the Groudle Glen Limited immediately otherwise the matter cannot be fully investigated. It is too late to report it after the cottage booking.
16. No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the cottage booking to the tenant or any member of the party, or person or any car and its contents or and possessions of the tenant or any member of the party. Please ensure that you have your own holiday insurance.
17. Groudle Glen Limited reserve the right for their employees or agents to gain access to the property at any reasonable time and to terminate your accommodation if it should cause excess nuisance to surrounding properties or you fail to comply with booking conditions.
18. Groudle Glen Limited reserve the right to change the cottage booked to another on site.
19. Receipt by Groudle Glen Limited of a Booking will be constructed as client's acceptance of the above conditions.
(Revised: Nov 2017)
"Thank you so much for a wonderful stay at Groudle Cottages. The facilities were excellent and we found the cottage very clean, spacious and in a fantastic location. We look forward to returning."